Senior Biddable Media Manager
We are an entrepreneurial integrated communications agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in just 22 years. We have grown every year since foundation due to a combination of organic growth and strategic acquisitions. Our ambition is to break into the top ten by 2020. We have a network of 25 offices, 550 employees and revenue of $64m. Not bad for an agency that doesn’t take itself too seriously.
What’s behind our success? Well, we’re independent so we can continually reinvest the majority of our profits in the company to propel development. We invest wisely in growth areas such as our social, digital and content teams. We challenge ourselves to stay one step ahead of the competition by delivering innovative solutions for clients which can be activated at pace and scale.
We are agile, bold, collaborative, inquisitive and spirited. We are Team LEWIS. And we believe that we are on the cusp of something truly remarkable in our industry.
Purpose of the role
LEWIS is currently seeking a talented Senior Biddable Manager to help build, maintain, and optimize several paid search and biddable advertising accounts.
Paid search is an integral part of our clients’ success at LEWIS, so successful applicants must enjoy developing strategies, execute planned, tactical optimization, and consistently lead conversations regarding all things biddable media, both internally and externally. A patient, friendly, and constructive demeanor is essential, as is a desire to teach others about paid search and biddable advertising.
The Biddable Media team is comprised of creative and forward-thinking biddable strategists that have backgrounds in paid search, SEO, email, social and affiliate programs. Our team is a small, close-knit team, and our success is dependent on candid, open communications, so applicants must have a “we’re all in together” team-oriented attitude.
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Must be presently certified in AdWords Fundamentals, AdWords Search Advertising, AdWords Shopping Advertising, DoubleClick Search and DoubleClick Campaign Manager, and hold Bing Accreditation
- Mastery of “researching” in the paid search and biddable advertising process; knows the questions to ask prior to new builds, can adequately predict volume and performance based on available SEM tools and historical performance, can provide sound recommendations based on data garnered
- Mastery of “building” search campaigns; creates/develops campaigns, adgroups, keywords and ads and proactively anticipates “red flags” in the process
- Mastery of Biddable Reporting, understanding strategic use of SEM reports and reporting tools and how to draw insights out of data
- Ability to proactively audit paid search and biddable accounts, ensuring best practices
- Ability to create forecasts based on known data and/or assumptions
- Able to address biddable strategy or planning questions authoritatively, correctly and ‘on the spot’.
- Skills in developing biddable strategy across accounts
- Consistently proactive in own learning about the latest in paid search and other forms of biddable media
- Proactively brings new recommendations to the team and/or client that are innovative and/or help deliver against business goals/objectives
- Ability to write POVs, biddable recommendations, and other standard deliverables
- Complete ownership of day-to-day management of biddable accounts
- Accountable for error-free, on-time delivery of daily, weekly and monthly reports
- Must show exemplary management of biddable budgets
- Proficiency in core office programs: Keynote, PPT, Word, Excel
- Ability to effectively managing direct reports to excel in their areas of expertise, giving feedback and participating in reviews
- Ability to delegate responsibilities to direct reports as needed, while monitoring for successful execution and knowledge retention
- Maintains strong relationships with vendors and helping to schedule quarterly in-person meetings and training sessions
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge on industry topics, trends and best practices
- Assists in research for new business pitches and proposals
- Strong listening, writing, and oral skills
- Shows thoughtfulness when communicating to supervisor, peers and clients
- Able to handle difficult conversations or communication, both internally and externally
- Proactive in identifying and addressing campaign issues with management
- Actively participates in Performance Team meetings, including weekly meetings, vendor meetings and monthly financial meetings
- Consistently leads conversation and communication, both internally and externally, in all biddable topic areas related to their clients
- Ability to write clear, concise and client-ready documents, including decks, budgeting documents, etc.
- Able to anticipate client/team needs and/or modify style to most effectively deliver client requests/asks
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills
Quality/Quantity of Work
- Highly-organized with attention to detail
- Creates and maintains detailed and accurate files & deliverables with consistently little-to-no errors in work
- Proactively problem solves in campaign stewardship and anticipates potential challenges
- Leads the development of insights and implications related to campaign results and ensures learning is moved forward in future programs
- Can consistently “pivot” between client teams and/or campaign projects quickly while maintaining stewardship of all key elements
- Viewed as a key contributor to the client team (internally and externally) and seen as a “go-to expert” on paid search campaign execution and stewardship
Initiative and Follow-Through
- Completes assignments and deliverables on time and accurately
- Works to close the loop on outstanding questions/deliverables with internal teams/vendors during campaign
- Responsive and timely with requests
- Independently owns their desk workflow and key areas of the media campaign/client deliverable, effectively
- Proactively shares relevant or timely industry news with their team
- Provides guidance to direct reports/junior team members
- Works well in a team environment
- Gives and receives feedback gracefully
- Respects supervisor and peers
- Enthusiastic, professional – flexible and adaptable to the changing needs of the client/agency
- Adheres to Lewis procedures (timesheets, PTO, reviews, etc.)
- Emerging leadership within the capability – creates and fosters team motivation and influences others
- Handles internal team facilitation – knows when to bring the right people into the conversation/deliverable at the right time
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the responsibilities for this role. Other responsibilities may be added from time to time.