This is one of the most critical jobs in the entire agency: client facing, it demands quick but creative thinking, team management, effective time management and delegation.
We are an entrepreneurial integrated communications agency that has gone from start-up to multi-national in twenty years. We have entered the world’s top 30 agencies and have ambition to break the top ten by 2020. We have 27 offices, 600 employees and revenues of $65m and rising. Our success is due to a combination of organic growth and strategic acquisitions and is reflected in being named PRCA’s International Agency of the Year for 2015.
Central to our growth has been our policy of reinvestment, with the majority of profits returning to the company to propel development, including our Rise training Academy. We are the fourth fastest growing agency in the global top 50. What makes us different is that, not only are we independent, but we are 100% employee-owned.
As we rapidly scale the business, our challenge is not to lose any of our character. We must establish a clear and visible brand in the marketplace. We must be seen as entrepreneurial, agile, creative, credible and professional. We believe that we are on the cusp of something truly remarkable in our industry. Responsibilities
The account manager owns the client relationship. He or she is responsible for meeting client expectations and ensuring the client is kept fully up to date with activity on the account. In addition he/she is responsible for developing that relationship by identifying and selling additional services, either as a value add, or on top of the retainer.
He or she is responsible for the leadership and motivation of the team, ensuring individuals are continuing to develop and thrive in their roles. Qualities and Skills
- Attention to detail
- Proven writing ability
- Creative thinking
- Understanding of client business issues and requirements
- Polished and professional appearance
- Highly developed presentation skills
- Thorough knowledge of media: print and broadcast
- Understanding of market research and analysis
- Ability to motivate and lead a team
- Ability to delegate effectively
- Calmness under pressure and ability to achieve tight deadlines
- Ability to interact with confidence at board-level with clients
- Proven ability to keep abreast of current affairs and relate them to client situations
- Expertise in social media tools and approaches
- 5 to 6 years experience with at least 2 to 3 years in a PR company as a senior account executive handling tech or consumer clients
Salary & benefits
- Line management of the account team, including coaching, supervision, assessment and review of staff
- Developing and managing a PR plan
- Setting team objectives on daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
- Monitoring achievement against objectives to ensure they are met
- Monitoring team activity levels against budget
- Liaison with consultants outside the team such as analyst relations, public relations and creative services
- Booking and managing client meetings
- Ensuring that all activity and results are reported back to the client
- Managing the clients’ expectations
- Managing the client to ensure that client tasks and commitments are clearly communicated, and that consequences of missed deadlines are clear
- Communicating account performance internally (account reviews)
- Understanding and engagement in social media strategy and execution for clients
- Participation in preparation and presentation of pitches for new business
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package includes paid health insurance, paid vacation days, birthday off, public holidays and potential for international travel.